Friday, November 18, 2011

Dinner Last Night

I have been doing Pinterest and am loving it.  I found a recipe from someone..LOL.  Visited too many people and forgot where I got it but anyway I am going to share my version.  It is called Pizza Casserole.  The original recipe I found had noodles, ground beef, pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese.  Here is a picture of my casserole after it was baked.  The pepperoni looks sparse on there but it covered the casserole before baking.  The recipe is below the picture.

Pizza Casserole:

1 Jar Ragu Pizza Sauce
1 Bag Noodles
1/2 Bag Pepperoni, sliced
1 1/2 pkgs. shredded cheese...I used Pizza Cheese
1 lb. bulk Italian Sausage
1 small bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped

Brown Italian Sausage making sure to crumble well.  Drain!  Cook noodles according to package directions.  Drain!  Cover the bottom of 9" x 13" pan with some of the pizza sauce.  Layer part of the sausage on top of sauce.  Layer part of the noodles, part of the pepperoni, onions, bell pepper and part of the cheese and the rest of the pizza sauce.  Now layer rest of the noodles, sausage and cheese.  Layer the rest of the pepperoni on top of the cheese.  Cover and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Remove cover and continue baking for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.  Goes great with garlic bread sticks!  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment